Matcha Tempura with Matcha Salt
- 1 tbsp Matcha Powder
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Cold Water
- Vegetable Oil for deep-fry
- Vegetables (Asparagus, Zucchini, Onion, Green Pepper, Broccoli, etc.)
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- Reserve half of the matcha powder for the matcha salt. Mix rest of the matcha powder with flour. Shift the matcha flour and make sure no cramps are left.
- Put the mayonnaise in a bowl and add the cold water little by little and mix well.
- Add the matcha flour with the mayonnaise and mix by cutting motion. Do not mix too much or the batter gets too mushy.
- Heat the oil until it simmers.
- Dip the vegetables in the batter and deep fry them until crispy.
- Prepare Matcha salt by simply mixing the matcha powder and salt.
- Serve with the matcha salt.