Matcha Cream Cheese Croquette
- 1 tbsp Matcha Powder
- 3 medium Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp Bread Crumb
- 1 tbsp Flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Oil for deep-fry
- Peel and cook the potatoes. Mash the cooked potato until you get a smooth texture.
- Add the matcha powder, heavy cream and butter with the mashed potato.
- Mix well until you get a smooth cream-like texture. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the mashed potato into 6 equal amounts.
- Cut the cream cheese into 6 cubes.
- Take one bunch of the matcha potato on your palm and put a cream cheese in a center.
- Roll up the matcha potato ball to cover up the cream cheese with your hands. Repeat to make 5 more balls.
- Lightly coat the matcha potato balls with flour and dip the macha potato balls in the beaten egg then roll in the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat the oil until it simmers. Deep fry each matcha croquettes until golden brown.
- Drain the excess oil on paper towel and serve hot on a plate.