Genmaicha Vanilla Milkshake
Genmaicha is produced by mixing the green tea leaves with roasted brown rice. Genmaicha has both refreshing flavors of the green tea and distinctive aroma of the roasted brown rice. To make Genmaicha at home, please refer my recipe for "Self-made Genmaicha".
- 1 tsp Genmaicha
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 scoop Vanilla Ice Cream (For decoration)
- 1 tbs Rice Cereals (For decoration)
- Pour the milk and put the genmaicha tea leaves in a pan. Heat the pan over low heat.
- Let the genmaicha steam for 2-3 minutes until the milk becomes light brownish green.
- Take the pan off the heat and take out the tea leaves out of the milk using a tea strainer.
- Cool the genmaicha milk with iced water.
- Put the cold genmaicha milk and vanilla ice cream in a blender and mix well.
- Put some ice in a glass and pour the genmaicha milk in the glass.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and rice cereals and serve with a straw.