Matcha DORAYAKI Pancake
Dorayaki are Japanese traditional confectionary made of two small pancakes sandwiched together and filled with red bean paste (also known as Anko). If you like Anko, you should definitely try this recipe. If you’re not a big fan of Anko, you can try with other fillings such as butter and syrup.
- 1 tbsp Matcha Powder
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Sweet Red Bean (ANKO) Paste
- Whipped Cream
- Mix the matcha powder with the flour and baking powder. Leave aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, sugar and honey. Whisk well until the mixture becomes fluffy.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just incorporated.
- Add the milk to the dough and mix well until you get a smooth texture. If the dough is too dry, add extra milk.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and lightly coat with the oil. Make sure you remove off the excess oil completely to get the nice-looking surface of the pancakes.
- Ladle the batter into the heated pan and cook until the top bubbles and the bottom is lightly browned.
- Flip and cook until the other side is also lightly browned.
- Sand the sweet red bean paste and/or whipped cream with the pancakes.
- Repeat to make 3 more untis of the pancakes and serve.