Hojicha (Roasted Green Tea) Milk Frappe
Hojicha is produced by roasting the green tea over heat. Because of the roasting process, Hojicha is rich in flavor and aroma, contains less caffeine and has a nice brown color. You can make Hojicha at home by following the simple steps described in my recipe. Please refer to my "Self-made Hojicha" recipe to make hojicha at home. You will be surprised that Hojicha flavor goes so well with milk. Enjoy!
- 1 tsp (or 2 tea bags) Hojicha
- 1 cup Milk
- Honey to taste
- 3.5 oz Ice Cubes
- Whipped Cream (For decoration)
- Pour the milk and put the hojicha tea bags or tea leaves in a pan. Heat the pan over low heat.
- Let the hojicha steam for 2-3 minutes until the milk becomes light brown.
- Take the pan off the heat and take the tea bags or tea leaves out of the milk using a tea strainer.
- Add the honey and melt it in the warm milk.
- Leave and cool down the hojicha milk before serving.
- Put the cold hojicha milk and ice in an ice-resistant blender and mix well until you get a nice foamy cram on top.
- Top with whipped cream and serve with a straw.