Hojicha (Roasted Green Tea) Chocolate Milk
Hojicha is produced by roasting the green tea over heat. Because of the roasting process, Hojicha is rich in flavor and aroma, contains less caffeine and has a nice brown color. You can make Hojicha at home by following the simple steps described in my recipe. Please refer to my "Self-made Hojicha" recipe to learn how to make Hojicha at home. Hojicha and white chocolate are great combination. I hope you enjoy the experience of discovering new Hojicha flavor!
- 1 tsp (or 2 tea bags) Hojicha
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 oz White Chocolate
- Honey to taste
- Vanilla Ice Cream (For decoration)
- Chocolate Stick (For decoration)
- Pour the milk and put the hojicha tea bags or tea leaves in a pan. Heat the pan over low heat.
- Let the hojicha steam for 2-3 minutes until the milk becomes light brown.
- Take the pan off the heat and take out the tea bags or tea leaves using a tea strainer.
- Add the white chocolate and honey and melt them in the warm milk.
- Leave and cool down the hojicha chocolate milk before serving.
- Put some ice cubes in a cup and pour the hojicha chocolate milk in the cup.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and chocolate decoration and serve with a straw.