Hojicha (Roasted Green Tea) Latte
Hojicha is produced by roasting the green tea over heat. Because of the roasting process, Hojicha is rich in flavor and aroma, contains less caffeine and has a nice brown color. You can make Hojicha at home by following the simple steps described in my recipe. Please refer to my "Self-made Hojicha" recipe to make hojicha at home. You will be surprised that Hojicha flavor goes so well with milk. Perfect night time drink as it has got less caffeine in it.
- 1 tsp Hojicha
- 1 cup Milk
- Honey to taste
- Pour the milk and put the hojicha tea bags or tea leaves in a pan. Heat the pan over low heat.
- Let the hojicha steam for 2-3 minutes until the milk becomes light brown.
- Take the pan off the heat and take out the teabags or tea leaves using a tea strainer.
- Form the hojicha milk if you have a milk frother.
- Pour the hojicha milk in a cup and add as much as you want in the cup and serve.