Genmaicha is produced by mixing the green tea leaves with roasted brown rice. Genmaicha has both refreshing flavors of the green tea and distinctive aroma of the roasted brown rice. To make Genmaicha at home, please refer my recipe for "Self-made Genmaicha".
- 1 tsp Genmaicha
- 1 cup Milk
- Honey (or any sweetener you like) to taste
- Pour the milk and put the genmaicha tea leaves in a pan. Heat the pan over low heat.
- Let the genmaicha steam for 2-3 minutes until the milk becomes light brownish green.
- Take the pan off the heat and take out the tea leaves out of the milk.
- Add the honey and melt it in the warm milk.
- Foam the genmaicha milk if you have a milk frother.
- Pour the genmaicha latte in a cup and serve.
Leave a Reply