Hojicha (Roasted Green Tea) Hot Chocolate
Hojicha is produced by roasting the green tea over heat. Because of the roasting process, Hojicha is rich in flavor and aroma, contains less caffeine and has a nice brown color. You can make Hojicha at home by following the simple steps described in my recipe. Please refer to my "Self-made Hojicha" recipe to make hojicha at home.I make hojicha chocolate milk when I am craving for something something sweet but want to refrain from taking too much caffeine
- 1 tsp Hojicha
- 1 oz White Chocolate
- 1 cup Milk
- Honey to taste
- Marshmallows (For decoration)
- Pour the milk and put the hojicha tea bags or tea leaves in a pan. Heat the pan over low heat.
- Let the hojicha steam for 2-3 minutes until the milk becomes light brown.
- Take the pan off the heat and take the tea bags or teal leaves out of the milk using a tea strainer.
- Add the white chocolate and melt the chocolate in the warm milk.
- Foam the hojicha chocolate milk if you have a milk frother.
- Pour the hojicha chocolate milk in a cup and add as much as honey as you want in the cup.
- Serve with marshmallows on top.
Leave a Reply