Hojicha Vanilla Tapioca Frappe
Hojicha is produced by roasting the green tea over heat. Because of the roasting process, Hojicha is rich in flavor and aroma, contains less caffeine and has a nice brown color. You can make Hojicha at home by following the simple steps described in my recipe. Please refer to my "Self-made Hojicha" recipe to make hojicha at home.You will be surprised that Hojicha flavor goes so well with milk.
- 1 tsp or (2 tea bags) Hojicha
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Ice Cubes
- 3 oz Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 tbs Black Tapioca
- 1 cup Hot Water (to make the Hojicha extract)
- Honey(or any sweetener) to taste
- Whipped cream (For decoration)
- Cook the tapioca as instructed on your package.
- Mix the tapioca with vanilla ice cream and put the cream in the bottom of a cup.
- To make Hojicha extract, put the tea leaves or tea bags of hojicha in the hot water. Leave the tea to allow the time to brew.
- Take out the tea leaves or tea bags and cool down the hojicha tea with cold water.
- Put the hojicha extract, milk, ice and honey in an ice-resistant blender and mix well.
- Gently pour the hojicha ice milk over the tapioca ice cream in the cup.
- Top with whipped cream and tapioca and serve with a straw.